Round 2 of the Alaska CARES Act Fisheries Assistance program was opened up on Friday 7/29/2022. The due date is 10/31/2022 and applications are NOT first come first served. The program aims to provide financial aid to those that were harmed by COVID-19 either directly or indirectly. There are four applications available for various industries and groups related to the fishing industry.
- Commercial Harvesting (Application)
- Sport Fishing Charter (Application)
- Seafood Processing (Application)
- Subsistence Users (Application)
Commercial harvesters will receive 1 share for each permit/license that they hold for the following:
- CFEC Fishery Permit
- CFEC Vessel License
- NOAA Fisheries Permit
- Comparable Permit
In order to qualify, fishing businesses must show a revenue loss of 35% for 3/1/20 to 12/31/20 when compared to a 5 year average of the the same time frame from 2015-2019.
Included in the 2020 revenue to determine this loss you must include all fishing revenues, unemployment benefits, Federal COVID-19 grants and/or forgiven loans and Round 1 Alaska CARES Act Fisheries Assistance money.
Also, if you qualify, you cannot receive funds that would increase your 2020 revenue to above 100% of your 5-year average revenue.
Sport Fishing Charter
- Must be registered with ADF&G as a guide, business, or combined guide/business for 2020.
- Must have a 35% revenue loss for 2020 when compared to average revenues over the same period for years 2015-2019
- Cannot be made more than whole.
- Must have an average of $30,000 or more in gross revenue in wholesale/direct sales revenue from March 1st to December 31st for years 2015-2019.
- 35% loss in revenue for 3/1/20 to 12/31/20 when compared to the same period for years 2015-2019.
- Number of shares is based on average revenue generated in years 2015-2019
- Must be eligible to receive an Alaska PFD
- Had or was eligible for a 2020 sport fishing license
- Registered as a resident during 2020 with the CFEC
- Held a personal use permit by the ADF&G in 2020
- Must by 18 or older
- Must have been negatively impacted by COVID-19
- Receive Shares based on household size and poverty guidline